Your fellow riders from all over the world join you at humble stone walls and unassuming shrubs as racers fly by at 200mph. Starting and ending in Dublin Ireland, from the 31st of May to the 14th of June, this tour is done Leod Escapes style. That means you get an authentic experience. Locals and race team veterans show you not only the standard visual and culinary delights but how to experience the TT properly. You’ll be shown where to watch, what to look for in the paddock, how to get to the hidden places and how everything works. From bikes, to ferries, to accommodations, to the full race spectacle experience our local knowledge gets you the inside line. Once you experience the camaraderie in the open paddocks, the stories and laughs with racers and crews over pints, you'll understand why we say going to the TT will change who you are, as both a rider and racing fan.
What is this tour like?
For two weeks you will join other avid motorcyclists like yourself at the pinnacle of two wheeled passion. You'll ride on a rented motorcycle all over the island and on the course. Local guides will show you the back ways to the great corners to see the action in signature TT style, up close...really up close. For 12 nights you are in downtown Douglas where it all happens. You'll really get into the thick of it as you are there for practice sessions, the build up, the pageantry, the full race days and don't forget the wind down as well. After the races, we stay on for a day. Let the other groups pack onto the crowded ferries to take them home. We'll be in the pubs with the race teams enjoying the stories and celebrating the victories. If you're only going to do the TT once, this is how to do it right.
You are a rider...so ride the Isle of Man:
You are not a tourist content to be carted around in a shuttle van. You will ride all over the island. You'll ride the course multiple times and have the freedom a motorcycle rider enjoys. Our partner has a wide range of Kawasaki, KTM and Triumph bikes. Upgrades available so reserve early.
MotoPod's Jim Race:
Jim Race will be with the group. He'll be riding with us some days and others he'll be doing his signature uncensored interviews in the paddock and in the pubs. He'll be giving us the straight story on what's happening as well as his insight into the TT. He's our link to being more than just fans but really getting involved in the TT. Knowing the rumors, the stories, and who deserves our cheers as they fly by.
A few words from Cat. Why is Leod Escapes doing this?
"Our customers are advanced riders, the most passionate of the community. People who take our tours to ride a MotoGP track know what the Isle Man TT is. We've had lots of requests for a TT tour, particularly because it's not easy to do. The logistics are very tricky. I didn't want to do it until I had the right people in place. It couldn't be just another tourist package. It had to be a Leod Escapes style tour, based on authenticity and really enjoying it like a local. In late 2014 the right personnel fell into place. We started planning this tour 18 months prior to the event. Manx locals, famous racers, media buddies; everyone has worked hard. We're going to do it right because this is it. This is the Isle of Man TT. This is the pinnacle of the passionate insanity in all riders. For over 100 years this race has made gods of men. I owe it to them to run a tour that honors those heroes and leaves a lasting memory in the hearts of our clients. It's going to be awesome."
• 2016 Dates: May 31 to June 14
• Starts and ends in Dublin, Ireland
• Nearest International Airport: Dublin (DUB)
• Tour Fleet - Triumph (Street Triple, Tiger 800, Tiger 1050, Explorer, Speed Triple R, Trophy 1200) Kawasaki (Z300, 300 Ninja, Versys 650, ER-6f, Z800, ZX6R, Versys 1000, Z1000SX, 1400 GTR, ZX10R) KTM (390 Duke, 690 Duke, 1050 Adventure, 1190 Adventure, 1290 Super Adventure, 1290 SuperdukeR)
• Pavement conditions are good to excellent with occasional rough spots here and there
• 12 Days Sport Touring and spectating on the Isle of Man during the TT
• Rider Skills are Intermediate to Advanced
• Details at www.leodescapes.com/toursDetail.php?tid=T042
What does it cost & what's included?
• Prices start at $8700
• Included 14 Nights 3 and 4 star accommodations
• Base rental bike, with upgrades available
• Welcome and farewell dinner included
• Local guides included
• Luggage transport from Dublin to the Isle of Man and back
• Local guides & race crew insiders
• VIP lunch afternoon at the pub at Creg-Ny-Baa corner
• Breakfast included each day
• VIP Ferry Passage to and from Dublin and luggage vehicle
• Maximum group size of 20 Riders...so book early
1-510-914-1048 Skype catmacleod