BMW Motorrad Canada has announced their 2012 road racing competition program. If you are interested in purchasing a new S1000RR for the sole purpose of competing in the Canadian Superbike Championship, there is a special competition package available from any BMW Motorrad Retailer. This program is open to any PRO or AM licensed racer while supplies last. Packages are limited so act fast.
Option #1 – 2011 S1000RR $12,500 (Very limited while supplies last)
Option #2 – 2012 S1000RR $13,500
Both options include: A new S1000RR, Race ABS, Dynamic Traction Control, BMW Gear Shift Assist, One complete spare set of wheels and a $1000 parts support credit.*Additional options if requested and retailer prep are extra.
Competition Package Requirements
• A copy of a current and valid Canadian roadracing license
• Provide the retailer and BMW Motorrad Canada a race resume complete with projected 2012 activities
National Contingency Program: Canadian Superbike Championship – National Series
Pro Superbike Class Amateur Superbike Class
1st $2500 1st $1000
2nd $2000 2nd $600
3rd $1400 3rd $400
4th $1000 4th $300
5th $700 5th $250
CSBK Superbike Championship Bonus:
PRO Superbike Class $10,000
AM Superbike Class $5,000
BMW Motorrad Contingency Requirements
• Official series results will only be accepted.
• Only Canadian spec S1000RR models qualify for contingency.
• There must be a minimum of 10 competitors start the race to qualify for contingency.
• The BMW logo and “BMW Motorrad” must be present on both sides of the motorcycle fairings.
• A colour photo must be submitted with the request for contingency.
• BMW Motorrad Canada Roadracing Program Registration form must be submitted each time.
• No regional contingency program will be offered at this time.
Thursday, 08 December 2011 14:54 Published in Industry News