The highlight of the May issue of Inside Motorcycles is our third annual How-To special section! Find out how to do change your own oil, get the most value when selling your bike, take better photos, turn your dirt bike into a flat tracker, engage a community (yep) and more!
Proving you don't need more than a cylinder to have a good time, we bring you a full review of the exciting new BMW G310R, the German maker's first modern foray into the sub-500 category. It's a naked bike with good looks and a friendly attitude, perfect for the city but with enough hustle to make the twisties a lot of fun!
Also in the single-cylinder, sub-500 domain is the CCM GP450 Adventure, a British dual sport bike with true trail capabilities. Read about how the GP450 impressed us with its overall abilities in the May issue of Inside Motorcycles!
In the travel department we bring you a touring story from southern Greece, where we go hunting for the mythical Gates of Hades in a remote and eerie landscape.
Also in this issue:
- our 2017 Retro & Classic Bike Buyers' Guide, where you can compare all of the retro-styled production bikes available this year
- Andrew Trevitt talks about how electronics have changed motorcycles and will continue to do so
- A vintage feature on the Yamaha TD1 production racer of the 1960s
- Shaft to chain: Gunther Schwarz's vintage BMW race conversion
You can find Inside Motorcycles one of these three ways:
1. Subscribe online by clicking here and have it delivered to your door!
2. Pick up a hard copy on better newsstands and select retailers including Chapters, Indigo, Canadian Tire, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart
3. Get a digital subscription or single issues direct to your inbox by clicking here!
Thursday, 06 April 2017 11:05 Published in Current Issue
Harley-Davidson chose Montreal, QC as the host city for the first public viewing of the just-announced 2017 Street Rod. We brought you the report on the bike already - visit the link below to check that out - but we sent one of our fave photographers, Paolo Pedicelli, to New City Gas in MTL to take in the scene. Enjoy the photos!
Monday, 20 March 2017 16:16 Published in Feature Stories
Harley-Davidson has introduced an all-new motorcycle that is set to make its global public debut live in Montreal tonight: the Street Rod. Based on the existing Street series but borrowing from the successful V-Rod platform, the Street Rod is powered by a High Output Revolution X 750 cc engine making more torque through the mid-range and more top-end power, with a higher redline, than the Street 750 motor.
Thursday, 09 March 2017 10:08 Published in Feature Stories
MARKHAM, ON (November 18th, 2016) – Honda today introduced a pair of progressive custom bobbers that fuse tradition with groundbreaking new ideas and perspectives while offering ample scope for owner customization. Offering a fresh take on custom cool, the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 mix old- and new-school style and are engaging and fun to ride, with an outlook geared toward firing the imagination of a younger generation of riders.
Monday, 21 November 2016 14:17 Published in Industry News
The Kawasaki H2R and H2 are back for 2017, as is a new H2 Carbon model. Two years after the introduction of one of the most-talked-about motorcycles in modern history, Kawasaki has unveiled a slew of upgrades for all models in 2017.
• NEW Bosch compact Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) allows for additional feedback and layer of precision for management control
• NEW Multi-mode traction control
• Launch control, engine braking control, ABS and a quick shifter
• NEW Instrument features include bank angle display and max bank angle recording function
• NEW Kawasaki Intelligent Anti-lock Brake System (KIBS) corner braking control, with feedback from IMU, increases cornering capabilities
• NEW Contactless-type quick shifter that now allows for quicker shifts for seamless acceleration and quick and easy deceleration (downshifting capability new for 2017) and enables rapid upshifts.
• NEW Öhlins® TTX fully adjustable, concentric twin tube design rear shock
• NEW Remote preload adjuster simplifies adjustment without tools for rider preference
• NEW Updated rear shock linkage ratios contribute to firmer, more stable feeling
• NEW Aerodynamic Brembo brake and clutch levers are shorter with rounded edges
• NEW High-quality emblem adds racy and edgy look to the upper cowl
The engine remains a supercharged 998 cc inline-four; the R model remains a track-only offering, while the H2 and H2 carbon are street legal. The limited-edition Carbon model, of which only 120 are being produced, features all-carbon-fibre reinforcement polymer upper cowl, special stamping and silver-mirror paint.
Tuesday, 15 November 2016 13:53 Published in Industry News
Kawasaki announces new 2017 models destined for Canada including Z650, Z900, ZX-10RR and Versys X-300 ABS
Canadian Kawasaki Motors released information on its 2017 model range on October 14, including four all-new models destined for Canadian dealerships.
Tuesday, 15 November 2016 13:39 Published in Industry News
In addition to several updated models for the 2017, BMW Motorrad unveiled three brand-new bikes at EICMA in Milan, Italy on Thursday, October 10: The G310GS, HP4 Race and R nineT Urban G/S.
Thursday, 10 November 2016 16:41 Published in Industry News
KTM introduced revised versions of its naked 390 Duke and 1290 Super Duke R at EICMA in Milan, Italy on November 8. Building off the success of the adventure range released in Cologne, Germany last month, KTM continues to increase the versatility and performance of each individual bike, ensuring that everybody is able to find just the right KTM for their specific requirements.
KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R – THE BEAST 2.0 – NOTHING BUT THE BEST
Every part was reconsidered to perform on and off the racetrack for a truly READY TO RACE motorcycle. The innovative construction of the new LED headlight ensures that no unnecessary additional parts or weight are added. The new multifunctional TFT-dashboard displays all important information in a clear and bright display. A tremendous power-to-weight ratio ensures a dominating performance in any situation. The 1290 SUPER DUKE R now bristles with more power thanks to reworked cylinder head and intake, while new electronic features allow for class-leading rideability and convenience.
KTM 390 DUKE – CORNER ROCKET
New, aggressive styling proclaims that the 390 DUKE is a READY TO RACE naked motorcycle with the performance and handling to back it up. The bodywork is sharp and modern with a slammed, predatory stance. Up front, a new LED headlight and bright, full-color TFT digital dash boast features not found in this class of motorcycle. At the rear, an exposed bolt-on subframe sits below the redesigned seat and pillion. A new form-fitting 3.5-gallon steel fuel tank increases the 390 DUKE’s range. Putting the power to the ground is now smoother and more controllable than ever before thanks to the new ride-by-wire throttle. That power, combined with a steel trellis frame, a new 43 mm WP upside-down fork and a larger, more powerful 320 mm front brake rotor take the ride to the next level.
Tuesday, 08 November 2016 17:19 Published in Industry News