A goal to continue the legacy of being the best uncompromised superbike in the RSV4, along with the stripped down high-handlebar sibling which remains the best machine for pure joy on the track and the road in the Tuono, Aprilia has unveiled the 2017 RSV4 and Tuono V4 1100 models at the Intermot show in Cologne.
The models receive a variety of significant changes to keep them at the top step of the podium on race day, and among the most sought-after street motorcycles among performance enthusiasts.
Among the changes, the models share Euro 4 compliance, improved suspension and braking elements, as well as an updated Aprilia Performance Ride Control package, which features cornering ABS, as well as these elements summarized:
- New ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings, as well as disabled, thanks to a practical joystick, now even more fine-tuned logic for higher performance operation.
- New AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control, adjustable to 3 levels, also well as disabled, receives more precise operating strategies thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform. Wheelie control can now be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the new and more practical left side electric block.
- New ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, more effective with new operating strategies.
- New AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allows shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, now adds the capability of clutchless downshifting.
- New APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- New AC:Aprilia Cruise Control. The new electronic management allows an advanced cruise control system to be introduced, convenient on long trips, letting rider maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.C:
Models will be available in the US and Canada in 2017. Pricing and more specific dealership arrival information to be distributed at a later time.