Featuring over 200 hp and powered by a supercharged 998 cc inline four, the bike is a true collaboration of many facets of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, pulling from not just the motorcycle division but also the Gas Turbine & Machinery Company, Aerospace Company and Corporate Technology Division.
Experience unforgettable supercharged street performance with the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2 motorcycle. The world's only supercharged production hypersport streetbike features numerous innovations and industry-firsts from across Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI), complemented by only the highest quality components. The result is an awe-inspiring work of mechanical art, Built Beyond Belief.
The world's only supercharged production streetbike engine creates unprecedented power for remarkable acceleration. The heavy growl of the boosted liter-class engine is a sound the streets won't soon forget.
• Chosen for its high-rpm performance, the centrifugal-type supercharger is incredibly efficient at compressing air (at up to 2.4x atmospheric pressure) while minimizing the amount of heat created.
• As a result of the supercharger's efficiency, no large, heavy intercooler was required to cool the compressed air.
• The supercharger was designed to match the all-new engine, allowing high-efficiency operation over a wider range of conditions than could be provided by any other typical automotive supercharger.
• The all-new 998 cc engine was painstakingly crafted to accommodate the extreme air pressure created by a supercharger.
• Cast (rather than forged) through a unique process, the pistons of the Ninja H2 are lightweight—yet strong—and able to withstand extremely high temperatures.
• The precision-honed combustion chamber is complemented by a flat piston crown—inspired by technology from KHI's Gas Turbine & Machinery company—that helps prevent engine knock. The massive power of the supercharged engine necessitates a multitude of high-performance components to ensure an unforgettably effortless, yet forceful experience.
• Commonly found in high-performance racing machines, the dog-ring transmission allows for effortless, short shifts.
• Rather than shifting gears into place, the gears in this configuration stay in place, with the lightweight dog rings moving to engage the gears.
• A contactless quick shifter enables quick upshifts for seamless acceleration.
• A high-quality hydraulic clutch features Brembo components for smooth actuation.
• For the first time ever on asphalt, The KYB AOS-II (Air-Oil-Separate) cartridge fork is used for providing silky-smooth initial action complemented by strong damping linkage that offers excellent feedback to the rider.
• The front fork is fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping, as well as preload.
• The fully adjustable KYB shock offers incredible performance, due in part to Uni-Trak®
• Top-shelf Brembo brake components were specially inspected and tuned specifically for immediate braking response.
• In the rear, a 250mm disc was chosen for strong performance.
• In the front, two massive 330mm Brembo semi-floating discs are gripped by dual
• The cast aluminum wheels were designed specifically for the Ninja H2, and were created using analysis from Kawasaki's World Superbike team.
• The star-pattern 5-spoke wheels offer optimal rigidity for high-power performance.
• The Ninja H2 comes equipped with a massive 200mm rear tire that transmits power to the ground.
A series of advanced electronics and controls provide unobtrusive, smooth, and customizable assistance—supporting but never taming the unforgettable thrill of supercharged acceleration.
• Whereas many competitive traction control systems react to wheel-slip, this enhanced version of KTRC uses complex analysis to help prevent wheel-slip.
• The new KTRC system features three modes, each consisting of three programmable levels, allowing riders to choose how heavily each mode intervenes during riding.
• Modes 1 and 2 are tailored for maximum acceleration and performance, while mode 3 is optimized for rainy conditions. The system can also be turned off completely.
• 3-mode KLCM provides unmatchable acceleration from a stop by electronically controlling engine output to minimize rear wheel-slip and front end lift.
• Launch Control Mode allows the rider to launch from a stop with the throttle held wide open.
Hints of unmistakable lime green paint trace along the aerospace bodywork and across the remarkable trellis frame, marking the flow of air as it's cut by the meticulously engineered lines of the Ninja H2.
• Designed by KHI's Aerospace Company, the mirror stays feature airfoil cross-sections with Gurney flaps that contribute to downforce generation.
• A chin spoiler on the upper cowl is also function disguised in form, further contributing to downforce generation.
• Made from high-tensile steel, the trellis frame balances stiffness and flexibility for top performance at higher speeds.
• The open design allows for much better heat dissipation—an essential consideration for such a powerful engine.
• Developed by KHI, the mirror coated black paint of the tank, fairing, and seat is the first-ever on a mass-production automobile or motorcycle.
• The multi-layer composite paint includes a layer of pure silver formed by a chemical reaction, creating the mirrored effect.
• Each layer of paint is carefully attended to by highly-skilled Kawasaki craftsmen
• In the shade, the dark base coat shows through the silver for a deep, 3D appearance. In the sun, the silver creates a brilliant metallic effect.
• Reserved only for models of historical significance, the iconic Kawasaki River Mark is featured prominently on the front cowl.
• The River Mark dates back over a century to the earliest days of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., and was used on select motorcycle models in the 1960s.
Engine: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, inline four, DOHC, 16 valves
Bore x Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
Compression ratio: 8.5:1
Fuel System: 50mm x 4 with dual injection
Transmission: 6-speed, return, dog-ring
Final drive: ChainFront suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted fork with rebound and compression damping, spring preload adjustability and top-out springs / 4.7 in
Rear suspension / wheel travel: New Uni-Trak with gas-charged shock, piggyback reservoir, dual-range (high/low-speed) compression damping, rebound damping and preload adjustability, and top-out spring / 5.3 in
Front tire: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)Rear tire: 200/55ZR17M/C (78W)
Front Brakes: Dual semi-floating 330mm discs
Rear Brakes: Single 250mm disc
Frame Type: Trellis, high-tensile steel, with Swingarm Mounting Plate
Rake/Trail: 24.5° / 4.0 in
Overall length: 82.1 in
Overall width: 30.3 in
Overall height: 44.3 in
Ground clearance: 5.1 in
Seat Height: 32.5 in
Curb Weight: 524.7 lb**
Fuel capacity: 4.49 gal
Wheelbase: 57.1 in
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
From: From Kawasaki.com