“We wanted to take the Fat Bob® [model] further into the Dark Custom™ realm, and one of our inspirational thoughts was Mad Max meets NASCAR,” says Harley-Davidson Styling Manager Tony Pink. “The compact, chopped lines of the new rear fender, the angle of the shocks, and the slanting tank graphics all line up to create an aggressive new stance that’s reinforced by the new blunt-cut mufflers. The high-contrast details on the black wheels relate nicely to the tank graphic. The seat was given a new form and cover that’s more sporty and more comfortable. Bring it all together and the Fat Bob® [model] is ready to reassert its presence on the street.”
Black replaces chrome all over the Fat Bob® model, including the powertrain and air cleaner cover, rear shock covers, triple clamps, headlight trim rings, console, and battery box cover. The aluminum slotted disc wheels are powdercoated black and finished with a laser-engraved Harley-Davidson® logo and rim stripe.
Like wearing black leather to your sister’s wedding, rolling a Fat Bob® model makes a statement that is not subtle. But this motorcycle offers more than attitude. The rigid steel backbone of its Dyna® frame, a pair of thick 49 mm fork legs and chassis geometry that is tuned to turn make the Fat Bob® model a cruiser willing to hunt for corners and a blast to ride. Dual front disc brakes haul the Fat Bob® model down in a hurry. Twist the grip, dump the clutch and feel the significant poke of a Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin engine launch Fat Bob® model off the line with authority. The Fat Bob® model is still one stout ride.
Key Fat Bob® model features:
· Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ engine rated at 99 ft. lbs. of torque at 3,500 RPM. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Automatic Compression Release (ACR), and is mated to a six-speed Cruise Drive™ transmission. The powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with black covers.
· NEW Blunt-cut, staggered-dual mufflers are mated to the signature “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector exhaust with slotted chrome shields.
· NEW Slash-cut rear fender.
· NEW Recessed twin-ring LED tail lamp complements the dual headlamps.
· NEW Slim and sporty ergonomic seat has a perforated cover and silver contrast stitching.
· NEW Console with an integral ignition switch and a five-inch electronic speedometer with multi-function LCD display and LED indicator lights.
· NEW Black machined aluminum slotted disc wheels with laser-engraved graphics; 16-inch front and rear.
· NEW Blacked-out triple clamps, headlamp trim ring, rear shock covers, and battery box cover.
· NEW Diagonal-stripe fuel tank graphics.
· Dual front disc brakes.
· Five-gallon Fat Bob® fuel tank.
· Sport front fender with painted brace supports.
· Chrome, 1.25-inch diameter drag-style handlebar is internally-wired and mounted on black risers.
· High-performance coil-over rear shocks with gloss black covers.
· Forward-mounted rider footpegs and controls.
· 180 mm-16 rear/130 mm-16 front tires.
· NEW Amber Whiskey
· NEW Sand Cammo Denim
· Black Denim
· Vivid Black
· Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob.
· Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
· Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy (EITMS)
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario.
-- From Deeley Harley-Davidson