The factory Ducati Team riders powered to the top two positions on the grid in this afternoon’s qualifying session for the Aragon Grand Prix. At the end of an exciting 15-minute run, Jorge Lorenzo grabbed the pole in the final seconds with a time of 1’46.881, just a fraction ahead of his team-mate Andrea Dovizioso.
Saturday, 22 September 2018 17:42 Published in Rider and Team Releases
- Andrea Dovizioso is now in second position in the championship, thanks to his victory at the San Marino GP.
- Lorenzo has two victories in Aragón (2014 and 2015) and he has been on the podium seven times in this race. With the exception of 2010 when he lost third place to Hayden, he has always finished in the top three. He is the rider with the most podiums at this track.
- Lorenzo has now set two consecutive pole positions, something he has not done since the 2013 season.
- Lorenzo finished third last year after leading the race for 13 laps. It was the second time he was on the podium with the Ducati. He currently has a total of 7 podiums with the Italian bike, 3 of them wins.
- The only Aragon GP that was held in the rain at MotorLand was in 2014, and the winner was Lorenzo after changing the bike with just 4 laps to go.
- Dovizioso’s best result at Aragon was the third place he scored in 2012 after a tough battle with Cal Crutchlow.
- The first ever victory in Motorland was by Casey Stoner on a Ducati. It was in 2010 and the Australian led the race from the first corner, while his teammate, Nicky Hayden, finished third.
- Crutchlow’s first podium with the Ducati also came at this GP.
- Hayden’s podium on the Ducati in the 2010 Aragon GP was the last podium achieved by the American rider in dry conditions.
- Andrea Iannone (Ducati) holds the top speed record at Aragon with 345.8 km/h, which he set in 2015.
- The circuit record is held by Lorenzo with a time of 1'48.120.
- There have been eight GPs held in Aragon, and four different riders have managed to win. Márquez has won it three times, Lorenzo and Stoner twice and Pedrosa once.
- At the end of the front straight, the riders go from 300 km/h to 91 km/h coming into the first corner. They use a braking distance of 236 meters over 5.4 seconds, making it the corner that has the most deceleration, although the strongest braking occurs in turn 16 where riders exert a force of 6 kg on the brake lever over 277 meters of braking.
- The riders are under braking 28% of the time in a total of 11 braking zones.
- There are seven corners where speeds drop to 85 km/h or less with turn 9 being the slowest of all. Speeds here go down to 72 km/h. In spite of this, first gear is not used at any point on the track other than the start of the race.
- Motorland has a chicane in the style of Laguna Seca and thus it is also known as the Corkscrew due to the race line it presents and the difference between the highest point and the corner exit.
- The longest straight is the back straight with a length of 968 meters, where speeds exceed 340 km/h.
- The circuit of Aragon is located in the municipality of Alcañiz, in the province of Teruel. Alcañiz is the capital of Bajo Aragón and has a population of 16,500 inhabitants.
Friday, 21 September 2018 11:42 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 10 September 2018 - The latest Ducati Scrambler makeover provides a bike that is now even more contemporary, comfortable and safe, taking ‘Land of Joy’ fun to new heights.
Monday, 10 September 2018 09:25 Published in Industry News
Andrea Dovizioso dominated the San Marino GP, round 13 of the MotoGP World Championship, which was held today at the Misano circuit in Italy. At his home race, the rider from Forlì started from row 2, then overtook his team-mate Jorge Lorenzo to move into the lead on the sixth lap. He held the position right until the end of the race, taking the chequered flag 2.8 seconds ahead of Marquez.
Sunday, 09 September 2018 18:05 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Two weeks after his Silverstone pole, Jorge Lorenzo has done it once again at the Misano Adriatico circuit by setting a new outright track record during the second qualifying session. His time of 1’31.629 means the Spanish rider has now set three poles this season, taking the Ducati Team up to a total of 40 pole positions in the Italian manufacturer’s history in MotoGP.
Sunday, 09 September 2018 11:36 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Jorge Lorenzo scored a splendid victory in the Austrian Grand Prix, round 11 of the MotoGP World Championship, which was held today at the Red Bull Ring circuit near Zeltweg in Styria.
Sunday, 12 August 2018 18:47 Published in Rider and Team Releases
The Ducati Team had an excellent day today at the Red Bull Ring, with its two riders Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo qualifying second and third respectively for tomorrow’s Austrian Grand Prix. The all-important Q2 session was held on a dry track after the morning’s FP3 run, which was run in the wet, left the overnight positions unchanged.
Saturday, 11 August 2018 18:47 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo take the top 2 places on the first day of Austrian GP free practice at the Red Bull Ring
It was a good start for the two Ducati Team riders at the Red Bull Ring near Zeltweg today, where this weekend’s eleventh round of the championship – the Austrian Grand Prix – is taking place.
Friday, 10 August 2018 20:40 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Both Ducati Team riders put in great performances today at the Automotodrom circuit near Brno, with Andrea Dovizioso celebrating his 100th GP for Ducati by winning the Czech Grand Prix ahead of his team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, who finished a close runner-up.
Sunday, 05 August 2018 23:37 Published in Rider and Team Releases
Adriatico, Rimini, 20 July 2018 - WDW2018 hits the ground running with all the elements necessary to celebrate its 10th anniversary with flair, exceeding all records and expectations. The big festival that every two years attracts Ducatisti and motorcyclists from all over the world is in full swing at the Marco Simoncelli Misano World Circuit, running from Friday, 20 July to Sunday, 22 July.
Saturday, 21 July 2018 18:54 Published in Industry News