4. I decide that I want to try to qualify and ride at the finals this weekend, so we take a van from Hong Kong to Zhuhai through the night and arrive one hour before qualifying.
5. I meet with track doctors and circuit management who, after looking me over and talking with me, accept my request to join the weekend.
6. I quality on pole with only two laps out, using a special SuperPole Q tire sent to me by Kevin Graham in Canada. I shock the field and am in pain
7. I start peeing blood and am concerned, but participate in Race 1. Unfortunately I have nothing for the Yes Yamaha rider (Huang Shi Zhao, the points leader at the time). I stay within four seconds of him the entire race just in case he makes a big mistake, but I was struggling to keep that up as it was. I did end up with the quickest lap of the race but second place in the end. The entire paddock was in shock and I spent the next four hours doing press from around the world, as what I'd done was apparently nothing short of amazing.
8. I went back to the hospital last night because of the blood thing and also stomach pain. Doctor feels it is simply the 12 pills I am taking - one of them is known to discolor the urine. I decide to go back the next day to compete in the final race of the year. If Zhao has any problems and I can still manage a 2nd, I will be the Pan Delta Superbike champion for 2013. It is a longshot but one I will try for. Worst case will be I will finish 2nd overall in China again in 2013.
9. Unbeleivable... I followed the Yes Yamaha rider for the first seven laps until we hit lapped traffic; I closed in and got by him. We fought and touched and it was thrilling. With two laps left, I pulled a two-second gap by working the traffic and won the race. I lost the championship by a few points, but it was thrilling for absolutely everyone.
10. The fans poured onto the track and I was mobbed.
11. I was getting sponsor offers for 2014 immediately.
I need to get healthy as it is a very serious injury, but winning was out of this world.
-- Dan Kruger